Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day Four

What I Did Today:
My hair was getting kind of gross (plus, I was tired of it smelling so overpoweringly vinegar-y) so I washed it. This time, I used the ratios I presented in Day Two but to the liter bottle of my water/vinegar mixed I added just a couple drops of sweet orange essential oil (the rinse ended up kind of smelling like a slightly vinegary metamucil :)

I mixed the baking soda and water in a cup and I poured it over my head from every direction, making sure to get the oily underside of my head - and I did this BEFORE I got my hair wet in the shower. This really helped a lot to be able to massage it around. I remember reading somewhere that after massaging for a little while it will start to feel a little slippery on your hair - and I did notice that a bit. I let it sit a minute after massaging it in, then rinsed. My hair actually felt "squeaky clean" after that. Then I poured the vinegar rinse all over my head, worked it in, and let it sit a couple of minutes then I (gasp!) turned the faucet to cold and rinsed it out with cold water. Thankfully it did not stink quite as bad this time, though I could still smell the vinegar.

Today's Results:
Now that my hair is dry, the oiliness is gone, and my hair is actually soft and shiny. There is still a hint of vinegar smell, but it is not nauseating like it was the last time. One other random thing I noticed was that my hair dried much faster. I noticed this the last time too. I live in a very humid climate, and normally it can take 2 hours for my hair to dry, but my hair was almost completely dry in about 20 minutes!

So, to close, much more positive shower experience, still kind of vinegary though. But we'll see how oily it gets as my hair goes through "detox" in the next few days. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment